Phobias Project

1.) A phobia is an extreme or irrational fear of something.

2.) 5 phobias listed on list of phobias

3.) The three phobias I will be capturing are Enochlophobia (A), Glossophobia (B), and Coccinellidaephobia (C). I am actually afraid of A and C.

A) Enochlophobia is the fear of crowds. For the shoot, I plan on having a group of my friends and family and having one of them show that they are afraid. I will have the group standing in a tight cluster, surrounding the person with Enochlophobia in the middle. The person in the middle will be slightly crouched down with her head ducked down and her hands resting on her head. This will make it look like she is cowering away, as if to protect herself from the crowd, which she is afraid of. When taking the photo, I will make sure to focus in on the girl in the middle, having the rest of the people blurry.

B) Glossophobia is the fear of public speaking. To show this fear, I will have a person standing at the front of a classroom and have shadows around the person and a bright light on the person. This will give the effect of a spotlight, which will show that all attention is on the speaker. The person will look very nervous, hair disheveled, sweaty, etc. 

C) Coccinellidaephobia is the fear of ladybugs. For this phobia I plan on having a ladybug on a leaf in front of the person's face. The focus will be more so on the ladybug, but not so much to where you can't see that the person s afraid. 

4.) One way I can help highlight the fear:
Enochlophobia- Making the focus be on the girl in the middle with the phobia. Zooming in just enough to see at least two(ish) feet of the people surrounding her.
Glossophobia- I am going to make the room as dark as I can while still being able to see the speaker. I will do this by darkening the room and have a couple bright lights on the speaker.
Coccinellidaephobia- Make sure there is no distractions in the background. I will close in on the ladybug on the leaf in front of the girls eyes that are looking down at the bug.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fashion Photography

Personal Essays

Front Pages of the World