Academic Shoot

In this picture, I used the Rule of Thirds. I put the girl in the right third of the picture. The subject of this picture is the girl using the fire extinguisher which is aimed at her target. Yes, it is clear to the people viewing my photo what the subject of the picture is. 









The rule of composition I used is Balance. There is a nice spread of people's different heights in the picture. In this picture, the subject is the teacher instructing her students what to do a the whiteboard. I think the subject is mostly clear to viewers, the only thing they might not see is what the teacher is instructing them to do. In order to make sure people know what the subject is, I could've stepped back to where what they were doing on the whiteboard could be seen. 





The rule of composition is Balance as well. The students fill the picture and Chef is at the head of the table, looking the other way, balancing out the amount of people looking in one direction. The subject of this photo is Chef talking to his students about safety procedures. I don't think the subject is very obvious to viewers, but one thing I could've done differently to ensure they knew the subject is gotten a shot of him holding the fire extinguisher. This would've made it clear that he is teaching his students the safety procedures. 










Comments

  1. I really like your subjects! They're exciting and action-packed, especially in your first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good images. The first is awesome, but it is slightly out of focus, you just missed it by a little bit. The second is also slightly fuzzy. I am also not sure who I am supposed to be looking at. The third is okay, but again the focal point is kind of hard to determine. Work hard to get close and make sure we have a very clear subject.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fashion Photography

Personal Essays

Front Pages of the World