Academic Shoot Reflection and Critiqe

1.) I encountered many challenges while out shooting. Something that happened quite often was catching people look directly at the camera, even when asked not to. Another challenge was having people making goofy faces in the background, ruining the academic aspect of the picture.

2.) The technical aspect of taking the pictures I was often thinking about was focusing the picture. One thing I did to make sure the pictures were focused was lightly pressing the capture button before pressing al the way down. This makes the camera focus properly, so I did that every time I took a picture.

3.) If we were to do this assignment again, I would make sure to try and get some more simple pictures. I would keep in mind that not every picture has to be really complicated in order for it to be considered "good". I would also see if any classes are doing anything really cool and exciting the day I am shooting, and go to that classroom.

4.) Some things I would do the same are not pressing the capture button down all the way in order to have a really focused picture. The other thing I would do the same would be trying to be sneaky and unseen when taking the pictures, so I get real, not posed pictures.

5.) When we go out to shoot again, I think the Rule of Thirds will be the easiest rule to achieve, because you can always put the subject of your photo towards the right, left, or center of the picture by just shifting to another spot.

6.) I think the hardest rule to achieve would be framing, because in classrooms, there aren't many things that could be used as framing, unless there's a bunch of kids standing together that I can take a picture through in order to get whatever is happening in front of them.

7.) I am very comfortable and familiar with all of the photo rules, and I do no think I need any more conformation on any of them.


http://faithphotojournalismblog.blogspot.com/2017/09/academic-shoot.html

Faith did a really good job with the focusing of each picture, and there were many different really good angles the pictures were taken at. One thing I would recommend would be trying to find different subjects for her pictures, not just tech theatre. That being said, she also did a really good job making sure the people who see her pictures know the subject of each one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fashion Photography

Personal Essays

Front Pages of the World