Portraits and Self Portraits Intro

Tips:
1. Break the Rules of Composition
2. Obscure Part of your Subject
3. Frame Your Subject

Environmental Portrait:
What I like about this photo is how you can see that he is comfortable in his environment, testing out a guitar that he seemed to have made. 

I love how the photographer captured the woman in action in her environment, and you can tell it's not candid because she's in the process of making wool.

Photography Self Portrait:
I really love this picture because it shows the girl's personality, her tongue sticking out and her eyes squinted, it shows that she is goofy.

I like how this picture makes it seem like she's in her own world.

Casual Portrait:
This photo does a great job of making a man look professional, while still making it look like he is enjoying himself and being carefree. 

You can tell that this photo is very posed, but they did a good job making her seem casual (clothes-wise).


Portrait Assignment

Self Portraits: For the self portraits, I think I'm going to take one of them vertical and have it be of me sitting on my bed, playing my ukulele with my little guitar sitting beside me. In the picture I'm going to turn my fairy lights on and jack the ISO up and try and make it look kind of rustic. As for my second self portrait, I am going to go out to this small field that's near my house and wait until the sun isn't quite setting, but it's not high up. I am going to shoot this one horizontally. I will be laying down on the grass, looking up at the sky, and the photo will be shot from a low angle, from a worm's-eye-view.

Portraits: On Sunday I'm going to be in a wedding, so I'm going to shoot one portrait there. It will be taken in the small chapel that looks out over South Austin, and I will have the groom or the bride stand at the balcony, smiling down at their ring. It will be later in the evening, but there are many lights strung around the venue. For the other portrait, I'm going to take my little cousin outside during the day and try and capture him having fun, and smiling. I realize that it will be hard to keep him still, but that's okay, I will shoot until I get a few good ones.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fashion Photography

Personal Essays

Front Pages of the World