Warm Up

1. What emotions did you feel as you worked your way through these images?
As I got further into the collection of photos, I was more and more sad. It was heartbreaking to see it happen all the way through. I couldn't even recognize her towards the end.

2. The photographer said this: "These photographs do not define us, but they are us." What do you think about this comment now that you have looked at the photos?
I think what it means is that she had cancer, and he had a wife who had cancer, those shouldn't be their titles. They shouldn't be known as "the women with cancer" or "the man whose wife has cancer".

3. Do you think you could shoot photos like this if you were in this situation?
I think I would be able to, but it would be hard to have to not only live it, but re-live it when you're editing and posting the photos. And I would like to spend as much time as I had left with them instead of taking pictures.

4. If you could write Angelo a letter, what would you say to him?


I would tell hime that I really like his pictures, I'm sorry for his loss, and also that I'm sorry he and his wife were defined by their situation. That shouldn't happen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fashion Photography

Personal Essays

Front Pages of the World