Abandoned Theme Parks



1.) If I had to visit one of these abandoned amusement parks, I would go to Pripyat Amusement Park in Ukraine. I would go there because I like the simplicity of it. I'm not a huge fan of amusement parks, and so I think I would, in a way, relate most to that park. I also like the rustic feel of the park that it seems to have had before it became abandoned. 

2.)

3.) Five unusual places that I think would interest photographers are:

- abandoned church
- an underpass
- an abandoned hospital
- Bourbon Street in New Orleans, Louisiana at night
- haunted house

4.) I found someone's photographs of an abandoned church in Cork, Ireland. Picture by Alison Killiea.

5.) I think it would be very interesting to to take pictures there because I would love to try and capture the essence of what the church once was. It interests me because churches are supposed to be filled with people worshiping their god, yet it's empty. Now, instead of being a church, it's mostly just a building. The pictures I would expect to take would be of old stained glass, maybe a couple of pamphlets for the church strewn about, and the light coming in through the windows/stained glass windows.

6.) In order for me to take pictures at my location, I would need plane tickets to travel to Southern Ireland, my camera and tripod, and enough money to pay for food and hospitality. As for laws, I don't think I would have to worry about any because it's not on private property so I wouldn't be trespassing, and since the girl who took this photo obviously isn't in trouble, I should be able to take a picture there as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fashion Photography

Personal Essays

Front Pages of the World